"You're always projecting onto me. For the last time, you didn’t shoot me. I will not break and shatter into a million pieces when we disagree. I will not run away. I don’t self-medicate or look to other men to fill a void. I didn’t have your baby." Julia's voice had an urgency to it, a plea of sorts. She told him. "Let it go, Jay." "It's not that simple, Julia." He stood, arms folded over his chest, leaning against the basement door. "When you're with Ray, do you bother him about the past and all the terrible things Chess ever did?" She raised her voice. "No, then in the context of us, Jayson Keller, let it go." "Julia, I-" "It's been weeks of this behavior, Jayson. I have had every possible kind of discussion with you. Know what you miss? Someone taking care of everything. I'm not your mom. I am not your problem solver. I am not your chef or the laundry lady or babysitter or the nurse. At the en...
Comments
Post a Comment